Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The First Week

Wow, what a week. So many things have changed in just this short amount of time, and I'm still trying to process and adjust to everything. If these stupid hormones would calm down it would make the whole process alot easier! I suppose a little more sleep might not hurt either.

We've found out that Joshua is a great baby as long as his tummy doesn't hurt. Apparently dairy, almonds and corn are going to be forbidden for me until I stop breast-feeding or until his little digestive system gets a little stronger. I'm sure there are a few more things that will set off the gas, an
d I'll have to add them to the list. It caused some tears (on my part) and sleepless times (for all of us) as we bounced him until our back and arms felt like they would fall off. Thanks goodness for moms who know some tricks for calming down babies in pain.

We are now on our third night of him sleeping great in his crib. He pretty much wakes up to eat and/or have his diaper changed and then goes back to sleep. He also is doing great during the day as long as he's not in
pain. He stays awake quite a bit and it's fun watching him look around and try to figure out his new world. The best is when he's looking me right in the eye and I wonder how much of my face he can see right now. I also love watching Paul hold him and talk to him, and it usually brings tears to my eyes. Although, what doesn't bring tears to my eyes these days. :)

We went for our first walk this week. I felt so relieved to have his stroller to hang onto as we walked. I wonder how long it will be before I don't feel like a weakling when going for a walk. I know, I know, I just had a baby and I need to give myself a break! It's just that you want to feel somewhat like your normal self as soon as possible. It makes it easier to deal with all of the changes going on in your life.

Now on to Joshua's second week of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment