Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Six Weeks Old!


I can't believe six weeks have gone by already! My sister Caroline was here this weekend, and she helped me to realize how much Joshua has changed. I think it's harder to see when I am with him every day. He is holding his head up pretty good, he likes to stand up while you hold him, he has started to make cooing noises, he is following objects and people with his eyes, and he smiled for the first time! Of course the smile was at Caroline and Naomi, but I got to see it. He's been doing half-smiles at me, so I know I'll get a big grin soon.

It was really fun having Naomi and Caroline here. Joshua was pretty fussy at first, he'd been that way for a couple of days. Thank goodness Caroline was here, she happened to ask me if I was nursing on both sides when I fed him. Well, no, since he came home I had been doing one side at each feeding. I immediately tried both sides at his next feeding and his fussiness almost disappeared. My poor baby! He was h
ungry and I didn't guess it. I'm sure other first-time moms can relate to feeling guilty for missing something which should have been obvious.

Naomi is so much fun, it was a real treat having her here. She still calls Joshua "My baby, Joshua James Nelson." She was very good with him, and he seemed to really enjoy being around her. Enjoy some of the pictures from this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. you feel bad about that? wait til you make him bleed while trying to clip his nails! you're sure to get skin at least once. i say it not to scare you, but to make you feel better when it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete